Are you fed up?
Merchants like you have become unwilling participants in the processing wars. Nearly all cards compete to attract consumers with the “Highest Return Rewards Cards.” Consumers are gobbling them up. After all, everyone wants 4% cash-back, free vacations, free concerts, and free airline travel.
Guess what. YOU are footing the bill. YOU are paying the 4% cash-back. YOU are paying for all the vacations and perks. Your fees are entirely out of your control and they are only going higher.
How does it work?
FlatZero POS is an advanced platform offering your customers the incentive to pay with CASH. The non-cash adjustment covers those increasingly high costs of accepting cards. This system is called cash discounts.
What makes cash discounts possible?
The Durbin Amendment (Section 920 in the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Act), passed by the Senate gives any merchant the freedom to offer cash discounts at the register for cash purchases.
This was previously banned in VISA® and Mastercard® merchant agreements. But now, they MUST allow merchants to offer them.
Are cash discounts the same as surcharging?
No. Cash discounts are not the same as surcharging since this is not a fee for paying with a card. They may seem
similar and here is the difference:
Charging an extra fee for paying with a card.
Adds a service fee to “all transactions” but applies a discount equal to the service fee when customers pay with cash or check. This incentivizes the use of cash.
Who uses cash discounts?
• Gas stations. Pilot, Flying J, and Love’s proudly flash cash/charge on their highway signage.
• Cell phone carriers such as T-Mobile and Verizon charge a fee when you pay by card.
• State, local, and federal government offices. The post office and courts. Yes, even the IRS.
• Colleges and Universities charge on average 2.5 – 3 percent when using a card.
• Utilities such as energy, satellite, and cable companies charge an average of $6.50 for non-cash payments.
• Healthcare from dentists to hospitals utilize cash discount payments to assist those who pay with cash.
• Liquor stores, sandwich shops, pizzerias, bars, and restaurants are starting to use CD’s.
Flat. That’s it. Done.
The statements are simple, clean, and concise with numbers you can take to your accountant.
How much can I save?
Grab your last statement and do the math on a monthly and yearly basis.
Learn How FlatZero Can Specifically Help Your Restaurant
Your POS system should run your business more efficiently, and make your profits explode. You will be top-of-mind when your customers are thinking of food. You will build repeat business with incentives, keeping them coming back. And you will be right where the next generation of customers want you to be: Online and in social media.